POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Sr. Staff Standards Engineer- Algorithms and Standards ResearchApply Now
Join Samsung Research America, based in Richardson, Texas, to contribute in the development of Samsung's vision of next generation wireless technology. Develop key aspects of air interface, advanced algorithms, system architecture and related industry standards.
The ideal candidate must be able to work within Samsung in cross-functional, cross-divisional teams and assist in the design, analysis and standardization of PHY/MAC layers of 3GPP standards. Candidates applying for this position may expect one week of travel every two months in support of standardization activities. Performance will be measured in part by the quality and quantity of individual technical results and by contributions to team efforts to standardize or implement selected technologies with the wireless industry.
- Solid knowledge of 3GPP LTE physical layer, experience desired
- Proven skills in the simulation of cellular network technologies and advanced algorithms to derive tradeoffs and to predict performance in diverse operating conditions. Proficient in using Matlab for end-to-end physical layer simulations.
- Ability to clearly define high level requirements and criteria to be used in the evaluation of air interface technology alternatives.
- Ability to generate clear and organized technical submissions (presentations as well as contribution text documents) for standards-bodies.
- Excellent verbal communication skills to effectively represent the derived results and technical concepts developed in the course of the work.
- MSEE or PhD preferably with 3+ years of experience
OPEN POSITIONS See All Current Openings
Staff Hardware Engineer
Sr. Staff Standards Engineer- Algorithms and Standards Research
Sr. Hardware Engineer- RF Design
Staff 1, Software Engineer
Sr. Standards Engineer- Algorithms and Standards Research
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.