POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DETAILS
Lead/ Senior Interaction DesignerApply Now
Samsung is dedicated to developing innovative technologies and efficient processes that create new markets, enrich people's lives and continue to make Samsung a digital leader. Samsung Design America (SDA) at San Francisco, CA is looking for world-class designers who share our “Innovation through passion” philosophy and thrive in a fast-pace, results-driven environment.
Lead Interaction Designer will have to lead the team and the visual design development throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables. We are looking for someone who can express ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others articulate the value of brand and design to clients, demonstrate excellent visualization skills and express a unique point of view on design. An ideal Lead Interaction Designer would be someone who is energetic, curious, and charismatic personality that infects others with passion for design!!
- Helping to define the user model and user interface for living room consumer electronics products including televisions, etc.
- Developing workflows, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, low fidelity mock-ups, navigational flows, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Working with usability researchers to design and observe usability studies and translating usability research findings into design improvements.
- Working with marketing to translate user wants and needs into features and experiences that are highly valuable to the customer.
- Applying the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
- Presenting designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs.
- Managing all aspect of projects, including scheduling, ensuring milestones are met, tracking issues, and making design recommendations.
- Contribute to the design standards and promoting user-centered design throughout the organization. Develop guidelines, standards, user-centered design processes.
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidate must have examples they can show that demonstrate strategic creative thinking and be able to articulate why they made specific decisions to meet strategic objectives.
- Years of demonstrable experience in designing usable software experiences in the complete product development lifecycle.
- Must be process driven, demonstrate strong interaction design skills, careful attention to details and have a solid understanding of user centered design principles.
- Strong skills in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
Keep going. There's more to see.
Everything you need to know about research and development of innovative technologies.
Our strength is our people. We assemble the smartest, most original thinkers and encourage great work with a collaborative environment.
We work closely with corporations and industry partnerships, and offer collaboration opportunities with top U.S. universities.